How you can reach out to a woman who lost a child to adoption
1. I know you’re a mother, so I’m thinking of you.
2. Is there a way I can bring some comfort to you today?
3. Wanna talk?
4. Would you like to go for a walk, or out for some coffee, or maybe see a movie?
5. Do you ever think of searching for your child? or How is your reunion going?
6. How do you think your life would be different if you’d kept your baby?
7. What would you do if your son/daughter contacted you?
8. What’s the hardest thing about Mother’s Day for you?
9. What do you think of Birth Mother’s Day? It seems kind of hard to celebrate, right? And do you even like the term birthmother? Do you prefer first mother, natural mother, bio mom, or what?
10. I really appreciate your friendship, and I want you to know I’m here for you.
Don’t let the birthmothers you know spend the weekend alone.